High quality music classes for 4-8 year olds!
Our Rhythm Kids classes are split into two age groups:
- Level 1 – 4-6 year olds
- Level 2 – 6-8 year olds
(Classes run for 9 weeks through the school term).
In each weekly music class, we drum, sing, move, and play to rhythms inspired by musical traditions around the world, from West African Gahu, to Japanese Taiko, to Brazilian Samba. Students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play a variety of musical instruments: West African djembe drums, percussion instruments, and, the most important instruments of all, their voices and their bodies. Children learn to think and create like a musician.
Why join Rhythm Kids classes?
- Grow musically in a fun, playful, pressure free environment
- Learn about the musical language of many cultures
- Explore opportunities to lead, balanced with opportunities to collaborate
- Gain understanding of complex, fun rhythms and melodies
- Explore opportunities to solo, improvise and work in groups
- Experiment with creative expression and musical innovation
- Develop musical confidence and foster a lifelong love of music
Enrolled families also receive an inspirational songbook and CD, and access to the Music Together Family Music Zone!